Can I erase/recreate partitions on harddrive after successful upgrade to Windows 10?

Helfe beim Thema Can I erase/recreate partitions on harddrive after successful upgrade to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; I want to upgrade my new Windows 8.1 notebook to Windows 10. Since it is OEM and I dislike the usual 2 partition setup (one for Windows and data and... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von For Barter Only, 10. September 2015.

1. For Barter Only
    For Barter Only Gast

Can I erase/recreate partitions on harddrive after successful upgrade to Windows 10?

I want to upgrade my new Windows 8.1 notebook to Windows 10.

Since it is OEM and I dislike the usual 2 partition setup (one for Windows and data and the other partition for the OEMs recovery) I want to completely erase the big Win partition and create smaller ones. For Data, Photos, etc... One single partition is not good, slows the system down...

My question is: If I create new partitions during the installation of Windows 10 will the 2nd activation work?

It will be the same notebook still, no hardware changes, just creating more partitions, so it should work.

I will just upgrade to Windows 10, reboot the notebook with a Win 10 DVD, start the installation process, then during the process with Windows tools erase the main large partition and create smaller ones.

I am asking because on my earlier Windows 7 PC I couldn't restore the OEM recovery after I changed the partition layout on the harddisk.

Going to do this in a couple of days, so if anybody could clarify until then, would be great. In all articles I found it says minor hardware changes are okay, but it is only mentioning a format, which means leaving partition as they are...

On Windows 7 I changed partition sizes a couple times now, worked there always.

Weiterlesen...

#1 For Barter Only, 10. September 2015
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Gehe die folgenden Anleitungen durch:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Can I erase/recreate partitions on harddrive after successful upgrade to Windows 10? - Ähnliche Themen - Can erase recreate

Forum Datum

How can I readd my Windows 10 PC to Microsoft Account Devices

How can I readd my Windows 10 PC to Microsoft Account Devices: Hello. I removed my Windows 10 PC from "Microsoft Account -> Devices" as it was showing wrong Hardware Infos. Now I am unable to readd this PC to Devices. I already tried a couple times to readd the Microsoft Account -> log out from the MS Account -> log in to the local Account -> restart the...

Windows 10 Support 28. September 2020

When I hold a webex meeting, you can hear me typing on the keyboard unless I switch to mute...

When I hold a webex meeting, you can hear me typing on the keyboard unless I switch to mute...: +++++++++German below++++++++++ Hi everybody, I have a new Surface 3 Laptop for 1 month now. In the beginning it was no Problem when I was Holding a webex Meeting. The microphone was amazing and nobody has heard me typing on the Keyboard. Since last Friday everytime i am in a webex Meeting...

Surface 2. Juni 2020

Partition I

Partition I: Guten Tag, nach dem Frühlings Update habe ich nun ein Problem: es hat sich eine Partition I erstellt und andauernd **** eine Meldung mit Speicher voll auf [IMG] Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 9. Mai 2018

after I upgrade

after I upgrade: after I upgrade my Laptop to Windows 10 my pictures + Icons are not rund but ovale; What can I do to fix tthis upgrade from W7 to W10 no error mgs Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 6. September 2016

Windows 10 where can i download windows

Windows 10 where can i download windows: I have a licens key for Windows but where can i download windows? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 21. August 2016

How can I get an Hotfix

How can I get an Hotfix: I need the Hotfix to fix Problem "Faulting module name: clr.dll" error message when you run a Microsoft .NET Framework 4-based application see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2640103 Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 2. August 2016

Experiencing random crashes after upgrade to Windows 10

Experiencing random crashes after upgrade to Windows 10: Hello everyone, after I have upgraded my desktop to win 10 today (coming from win 7 home premium) I was surprised to find all programs still being there and mostly installed, which was not the case for my laptop. This pleasure was not of long duration however, as Windows 10 now randomly crashes...

Windows 10 Support 1. Januar 2016

Where can I find my Key after I restored my PC

Where can I find my Key after I restored my PC: Hello everyone! I have a Problem with my current Windows 10 PC. My Win10 PC crashed several weeks ago so that I couldn't log in to my Account. (I couldn't even write my Product Key down anywhere because the crash happened unexpectedly) I made recovery drive with my USB-Stick to reinstall...

Windows 10 Support 20. September 2015

Can I erase/recreate partitions on harddrive after successful upgrade to Windows 10? [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden