Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38

Helfe beim Thema Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38 in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hi folks, we have a strange issue with GPOs. Problem: During gpupdate /force the settings in Registry will be deleted. Repro: 1.Create a hive... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von Gabor Szatmari - Dr., 2. Juli 2018.

1. Gabor Szatmari - Dr.
    Gabor Szatmari - Dr. Gast

Hi folks,

we have a strange issue with GPOs.

Problem:

During gpupdate /force the settings in Registry will be deleted.

Repro:

1.Create a hive under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies

2. Do gpupdate /force

3. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies

Error: the hive removed

Good: the hive NOT removed

I have one good and one bad client - it seems that the bad clients are in one specific OU.

Steps done:

Debugging was enabled:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics]

"GPSvcDebugLevel"=dword:00030002

Created the folder %windir%\debug\usermode

In the logfile the important part:

ProcessGPOList:++ Entering for extension Registrierung
    ProcessGPOList: Passing in the force refresh flag to Extension Registrierung
    LogExtSessionStatus: Successfully logged Extension Session data
    GPLockPolicySection: Sid = (null), dwTimeout = 60000, dwFlags = 0x42
    Registry Sync Lock Called
    Writer Lock got immediately.
    Registry Lock taken successfully
    ResetPolicies: Entering.
    SetPolicyOwnerOnKey: Setting owner on reg key on <Software\Policies>.
    SetPolicyOwnerOnKey: Setting owner on reg key on <Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies>.
    SetPolicyOwnerOnKey: Setting owner on reg key on <System\CurrentControlSet\Policies>.
    ParseRegistryFile: Entering with <C:\ProgramData\ntuser.pol>.
    DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted Software\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\PUAProtection
    DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted Software\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\DisableLocalAdminMerge
    (... here comes a lot of similar stuff)

DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\ProgramData\xxxxx\systemdaten\Interface\HuaSupport\HuaSupport.exe:*:Enabled:xxxSupportW10

DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List\C:\ProgramData\xxxxxx\engine\php5\php.exe: :*:EnabledGroup Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38HPW10

DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\AllowUserPrefMerge

DeleteRegistryValue: Deleted SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfile\GloballyOpenPorts\Enabled

ParseRegistryFile: Failed to read data with 38

ParseRegistryFile: Leaving.

ResetPolicies: ParseRegistryFile failed with error 13. deleting policy keys

AddPolicyPermissionOnKey: Setting permission on reg key on <Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies>.

Error 38 translates to

Ende der Datei (EOF) erreicht. // Reached the end of the file

Windows Defender was deactivated > same error

A bad computer was moved to another OU > fixed

OS is Windows 10, 1703

Process Monitor: shows that there are write ops to this file, and before the last two write a read operation which fails. But actually in the logs I can see that the OS tried to lock the file exclusively - and this was accepted...

Any help appreciated!!!

Gabor

Weiterlesen...

#1 Gabor Szatmari - Dr., 2. Juli 2018
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Wähle einen der folgenden Ratgeber:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38 - Ähnliche Themen - Group Policy Error

Forum Datum

Windows Update failed with error code 0x800f0922

Windows Update failed with error code 0x800f0922: Hey,so I tried to install this one update many times, but it always failed and had to revert the changes. The update name is KB5007289. After the installation failed, Windows Update showed me this error code: 0x800f0922I dont really know how to fix this so I hope you can help me.Thanks!I am...

Windows 10 Support 9. Januar 2022

Local Group Policy set WUServer pointing to SCCM primary site ??

Local Group Policy set WUServer pointing to SCCM primary site ??: Hello community,i have a strange behavior on some of my new windows machines.I setup co-managment Intune/SCCM to manage these PCs with WufB pilot group and this worked fine for me. But since the last days I have more and more PCs which do not longer get updates. I looked them up and found a...

Windows 10 Support 1. Juni 2021

1 failed with error 1114 DLL

1 failed with error 1114 DLL: Hallo, ich habe die WISO-Steuer-CD aufgespielt. Beim Anklicken der Datei kam die Fehlermeldung Loadlibrary failed with error 1114 DLL. Wer kann mir mit diesem Problem helfen.

Windows 10 Fehler und Bluescreens 8. März 2019

LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: Eine DLL-Initialisierungsroutine ist fehlgeschlagen

LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: Eine DLL-Initialisierungsroutine ist fehlgeschlagen: ich habe die neue Version von WISO Sparbuch2019 (CD) geladen. Beim Öffnen des Programms erscheint der o.a. Hinweis. Das heißt, das Programm lässt sich nicht öffnen. Was kann ich tun?

Windows 10 Allgemeines 19. November 2018

Group policy wird nicht angewendet

Group policy wird nicht angewendet: Hallo an alle! Ich habe im Group Policy Management Editor die Einstellung "Force a specific default lock screen image" angewendet und im Zuge dessen einen passenden Pfad zu dem entsprechenden Bild angegeben. Leider wird die GPO nicht angewendet, weder nach "gpupdate /boot /force", noch nach...

Windows 10 Support 22. November 2017

Bootsequenz "loadstd - Failed to load system data. - InitProtectSystem failed."

Bootsequenz "loadstd - Failed to load system data. - InitProtectSystem failed.": Guten Morgen, ich würde mich freuen, wenn mir jemand bei folgendem Problem helfen kann. Ich wollte ein Programm über den IOBit deinstaller entfernen. Dabei wurde ich zu einem Neustart aufgefordert. Das habe ich getan. Seitdem erscheint die Meldung "loadstd - Failed to load system data. -...

Windows 10 Support 29. September 2017

How to fix LoadLibrary failed with error 1114 for Basecamp 4.6.2

How to fix LoadLibrary failed with error 1114 for Basecamp 4.6.2: How to fix LoadLibrary failed with error 1114 for Basecamp 4.6.2. with Windows 10. This error occured after switching to Windows 10! Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 17. Juli 2016

Load library failed with error 998

Load library failed with error 998: Hallo Community, Ich hab das Problem mit dem Load Library Fehler sowohl bei Minecraft als auch bei Blender und finde auch keine Möglichkeit woran das liegen kann. Bitte um baldige Antwort. Vielleicht kann mir ja Jemand dabei helfen. LG Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 4. November 2015

Group Policy Error - Failed to read data with 38 [gelöst]

Andere User suchten nach Lösungen mit:

1. windows error 0x800f0985

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden