Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor

Helfe beim Thema Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hi Everyone, I am having a great problem with my 4K monitor (LG 27MU67-B)connected to a Nvidia GTX980 via Displayport. I am using the monitor in... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von Dirk.W, 27. Juni 2016.

1. Dirk.W
    Dirk.W Gast

Hi Everyone,

I am having a great problem with my 4K monitor (LG 27MU67-B)connected to a Nvidia GTX980 via Displayport. I am using the monitor in native resolution (3840 x 2160) with a zoom factor of 175%. The Windows version is Windows 10 Home.

The problem is: After standby all icons on the desktop move to upper left corner.

You can find hundreds of thread regarding this problem but no solution, because I think this behavior is by design.

When the PC is in standby mode the monitor also enters his standby mode. When the computer awakes the monitor is still in standby and Windows thinks there is no monitor and uses a virtual monitor with lower resolution instead. Then it moves all icons to fit on this virtual monitor. Now the real monitor awakes and all icons stay in the upper left corner.

You can also see this behavior, when switching the monitor off and on or just pulling the Displayport-Cable and reasserting it.

Some people say this is a monitor problem, some say this is a graphic card problem. They may be right, but after all this is a great problem for the user. And Microsoft should be able to solve this problem.

This does not happen when using DVI-Cables, but this is no option for 4K.

I think the best solution would be, when Windows remembers the icon positions for each resolution. But even a behavior like with DVI (ignoring the detached monitor) would be helpful too. Or Windows should set the virtual monitor to the same resolution like the real monitor. And there may be other solutions.

However the current behavior makes it nearly impossible to work with windows. Tools like DesktopOK help a little bit, but cannot be the solution!

Hope someone from Microsoft reads this and sees this is really a problem.

However if someone else has a solution, don’t hesitate to post it.

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Führe bitte folgendes aus:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor - Ähnliche Themen - Icons move the

Forum Datum

My monitor keeps changing the refresh rate on reboot

My monitor keeps changing the refresh rate on reboot: Hey, so I recently got a new monitor acer ei322qur and when I first used it, I set the refresh rate to 165hz in the Windows settings under System -> Display ->Advanced Graphic Options -> Refresh rate but when I rebooted my PC it was back at 60hz. Does anybody know why? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 31. Dezember 2022

Habe 4k Monitor kann aber kein 4k?

Habe 4k Monitor kann aber kein 4k?: Hi habe einen 4k Monitor von predator windows 10 und recht und links jeweils noch zwei büro monitore aber ich kann in keinem game 4k spielen es wird mir max 1440 p angezeigt danke an jeden der hilft es währe nur cool wenn es eine idioten sichere erklärung ist da ich von pc nicht ganz so viel...

Windows 10 Support 14. November 2022

2k Monitor kann aus dem nichts 4k?

2k Monitor kann aus dem nichts 4k?: Wieso kann ich das auswählen? Ist ein Samsung G5! [ATTACH] https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/2k-monitor-kann-aus-dem-nichts-4k

Windows 10 Support 6. Dezember 2021

New SSD - Do I need a Windows Key to Reinstall Windows on the new Drive?

New SSD - Do I need a Windows Key to Reinstall Windows on the new Drive?: I just bought a new ssd. I want to switch my boot disk to the new one and reinstall windows. Im afraid that i will by ask for a key. I have a original windows running but i dont have any idea which key i use. Do i need to extract somehow my Key or can i just format my old drive and reinstall...

Windows 10 Support 4. Mai 2021

4k Monitor mit FullHD-Monitor?

4k Monitor mit FullHD-Monitor?: Hallo zusammen, ich würde mir gerne einen zweiten Monitor für meinen Computer kaufen. Jetzt meine Frage. Kann ich folgenden Monitor kaufen und diesen an einen existierenden FullHD Monitor mit Windows 10 anschließen ohne dass ich Pixelprobleme bekomme? Vielen Dank für eure Hilfe! :) Neuer...

Windows 10 Support 13. Mai 2020

pc connected to 2 monitors - programm adobe digital disappears to the left

pc connected to 2 monitors - programm adobe digital disappears to the left: Hi, since a few hours the adobe programm dissapears to the left(to nowhere), cant move it back. Ive already restarted the computer a few times, doesnt work at all. Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 23. November 2019

The impossibility of the 1709 Creators Update on a brand new Surface Pro

The impossibility of the 1709 Creators Update on a brand new Surface Pro: Just recently, I bought a brand new Surface Pro. It came with a pre-installed version 1703. Upon the first start Cortana suggested to update the tablets OS software, which I happily accepted. What happened afterwards, is an enormously sad thing to talk about, if you take into consideration that...

Windows 10 Support 24. Februar 2018

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" bei...

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" bei...: Ich habe versucht ein Update von SketchBook Pro 7 für Win 10 zu installieren. Der Download hat funktioniert, aber bei der Installation habe ich diese Fehlermeldung erhalten: "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Ich habe bereits den SketchBook Support...

Windows 10 Support 2. September 2015

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden