After upgrade from 8.1 - How to remove hundreds of dead shortcuts in All apps menu which...

Helfe beim Thema After upgrade from 8.1 - How to remove hundreds of dead shortcuts in All apps menu which... in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; After an upgrade from 8.1 (using the Media creation tool) my "All apps" list in the start menu is showing as usual a mix of "universal apps" and... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von FlorianDi, 13. September 2015.

1. FlorianDi
    FlorianDi Gast

After upgrade from 8.1 - How to remove hundreds of dead shortcuts in All apps menu which...

After an upgrade from 8.1 (using the Media creation tool) my "All apps" list in the start menu is showing as usual a mix of "universal apps" and "desktop apps" where for desktop apps the file path of the shortcuts can be opened in the explorer by right clicking which is (as usual) not the case for universal apps. However one folder appears in the list containing a large number of useless shortcuts which seem to be falsly recognised as universal apps.

The falty shortcuts show symbols and names of text files, pdfs and other files which belong to an installation of a large older program ("desktop app") that had been installed in Windows 8.1. Nothing happens upon clicking on them. A right click shows only the "pin to start" option as for universal apps.

The highly inconvenient consequence seems to be that for a number of other desktop programs that are installed and used frequently no shortcuts appear in the list supposedly due to to the limit of 512. These shortcuts can still be found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

I believe the faulty shortcuts were already shown in the all apps list of windows 8.1 but it never bothered me because I could still find all other desktop programs in it. Uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app is not an option here and I am afraid it may not even solve the problem. How can I get rid of this annoyance? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Apart from this issue I am fairly satisfied with windows 10.

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Ansonsten versuche folgende Schritte:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

After upgrade from 8.1 - How to remove hundreds of dead shortcuts in All apps menu which... - Ähnliche Themen - After upgrade from

Forum Datum

Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one

Transfer of microsoft products from a "dead" computer to a new one: My computer, a Dell XPS 15 "died" the other day. When I say "dead" I mean reallydead because nothing whatsoever seems to be working, no cursor, no Dell or Microsoft logo, absolutely nothing just sometimes the fan. The laptop had a 1TB SSD which I suppose is still working but I've not tested itOn...

Windows 10 Support 1. Dezember 2021

How to prevent Microsoft Surface Go 3 from failing?

How to prevent Microsoft Surface Go 3 from failing?: Hello,To my terrible unluck, I have purchased a Microsoft Surface Go shipped with the brand new Windows 11 operating system. 3 Weeks after purchase just outside of the 2-week money-back window the device failed. Upon trying to turn on the device, the Windows logo would appear for a second, after...

Surface 28. November 2021

All USB Ports are dead after reboot

All USB Ports are dead after reboot: Hello all,After a regular restart, all usb input devices do not respond at all. So I am stuck in the login screen. I have not consciously installed an update.However, after a few reboots, a short screen came up with the usual words "Updates are being processed", which is strange since I paused...

Windows 10 Support 18. Juli 2021

How to update my Nokia XpressMusik 5800 from v40.0.005 to v50.0.005!!???

How to update my Nokia XpressMusik 5800 from v40.0.005 to v50.0.005!!???: Hi, how can i update my nokia? the problem is that the server can’t be found and hear for it cant install the update on my nokia the update v50.0.005 and subsequently download the v50.0.0 and i need as quick as possible an answer to this huge problem!!! Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Mobile 19. April 2021

Version of SQL Server - how to find?

Version of SQL Server - how to find?: Windows 10 - how to find the version of the installed SQL-Server? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 16. März 2020

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if that matters. I...

Windows 10 Support 6. August 2019

How to migrate from SPro 3 to SB (surface book) OR from Win10 to Win10

How to migrate from SPro 3 to SB (surface book) OR from Win10 to Win10: Hi, Since 2 days I am trying to Setup my new Surface book. I know how to Transfer files. But much more important is the tranfer of my Settings for Office and other Software. Here I feel left allone from Microsoft. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks, Timo Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 20. Februar 2016

How to report bugs of Windows 10?

How to report bugs of Windows 10?: Hello All, please could you tell me what is the correct way to report a bug in Windows 10? Thanks in advance Esox Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 20. August 2015

After upgrade from 8.1 - How to remove hundreds of dead shortcuts in All apps menu which... [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden