Deactivating Windows after Hardware Changes hits Upgraders badly

Helfe beim Thema Deactivating Windows after Hardware Changes hits Upgraders badly in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Windows 10 looses activation after a hardware change. This happens to all flavors of W10 from Insiders via free upgraders to holders of a OEM and... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von Jörg Dèbus, 22. September 2015.

1. Jörg Dèbus
    Jörg Dèbus Gast

Windows 10 looses activation after a hardware change. This happens to all flavors of W10 from Insiders via free upgraders to holders of a OEM and Retail Licenses. The hardware changes triggering this are trivial: New mother board, new BIOS version (!!), new security features like a TPM module. Simply a PC that needs maintenance or is finally broken.

Only retail licenses have a product key that reactivates the license. Upgraders which upgraded always from a valid license can only "go back to the previous version and upgrade again". Calling the support as the Microsoft VP Gabe Aul has announced has not proven to be helpful.

Because this can happen to everybody because of a simple hardware failure, the situation of upgraders is so bad and risky, that nobody should upgrade as long as there is no solution available.

My opinion is: This is not acceptable. Binding a license to device forms a new economic entity because customer's device becomes a part of the service production platform of Microsoft. The owner of the device is no longer in full control of its asset. For Upgraders the recovery from a broken motherboard becomes is no longer an affair with the hardware vendor but also needs a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 with the risk to loose configuration, apps and data

This is surely far away from good customer treatment. At least in the EU it has a good chance to be unlawful, too.

So let's nudge Microsoft to change this and reinstate Upgraders to be precious customers.

Weiterlesen...

#1 Jörg Dèbus, 22. September 2015
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Versuche folgende Schritte abzuarbeiten:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Deactivating Windows after Hardware Changes hits Upgraders badly - Ähnliche Themen - Deactivating after Hardware

Forum Datum

Reactivating Windows 10 Home after Hardware change

Reactivating Windows 10 Home after Hardware change: Hi,i'm trying to reactivate my windows 10 home version after changing a mainboard, cpu and ram. It's an old windows license, which got upgraded from win 7 to 10 and should therefore be a digital license key.The troubleshooting "after hardware change" via windows activation settings did not work....

Windows 10 Support 11. Oktober 2023

Win 10 Lizenz deaktiviert nach Hardware Change

Win 10 Lizenz deaktiviert nach Hardware Change: Hallo zusammen, Meine Windows 10 Lizenz wurde, wie bereits im Titel beschrieben, nach einer Hardware Änderung (CPU, Motherboard, RAM) am PC deaktiviert. Ich habe bereits versucht: über die Troubleshooting Settings die Lizenz wieder zu aktivieren, jedoch ohne Erfolg. Den Lizenzschlüssel...

Windows 10 Support 29. Juli 2019

Reactivating Windows after Hardware change. (Error code 0xC004F211)

Reactivating Windows after Hardware change. (Error code 0xC004F211): After having changed my Motherboard, RAM and CPU, the activation page says that Windows is not activated. Before changing the hardware, I linked my digital license to my microsoft account, in order to prevent exactly this problem. I already tried everything the help pages suggest (running the...

Windows 10 Support 1. Dezember 2018

Win10 Mobile - impossible to change time zone after upgrade to ver. 1703

Win10 Mobile - impossible to change time zone after upgrade to ver. 1703: Hello community, I am still using my Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM - I like the phone. After update to Win10 mobile - v1703 it is impossible to change time zone. Neither Automatic nor manual change is working. Drop down field is just empty even in manual time zone setting mode. Reset to...

Windows 10 Mobile 6. September 2018

Meine Windwos 10 Version lässt sich nicht nach einem Hardware-change reaktivieren

Meine Windwos 10 Version lässt sich nicht nach einem Hardware-change reaktivieren: Moin, ich habe letztens meinen PC aufgerüstet und lediglich die SSD behalten. Windows 10 Pro hatte sich dabei deaktiviert und habe den Fehlercode: 0x803f7001. Meine WindwosLizens ist bereits an mein Microsoft account gekoppelt. Wie in den Artikeln beschrieben habe ich versucht meine Lizenz...

Windows 10 Support 9. Januar 2018

after battery change battery is not charging anymore

after battery change battery is not charging anymore: Windows 10 latest update installiert. Ultrabook Toshiba Satellite Z930-130 (4-5 years old) new OEM battery replaced the old one. but it is not charging. reinstalled old battery: not charging. followed the recommendation in internet: take out the battery de-install the battery driver...

Windows 10 Support 4. Februar 2017

after battery change battery is not charging anymore.

after battery change battery is not charging anymore.: Windows 10 latest update installiert. Ultrabook Toshiba Satellite Z930-130 (4-5 years old) new OEM battery replaced the old one. but it is not charging. reinstalled old battery: not charging. followed the recommendation in internet: take out the battery de-install the battery driver...

Windows 10 Support 4. Februar 2017

after I upgrade

after I upgrade: after I upgrade my Laptop to Windows 10 my pictures + Icons are not rund but ovale; What can I do to fix tthis upgrade from W7 to W10 no error mgs Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 6. September 2016

Deactivating Windows after Hardware Changes hits Upgraders badly [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden