How to: Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 10

Helfe beim Thema How to: Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Windows Update is an service which allows the user to download and install updates. By default, the Windows Update behaivor is set to Automatic... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf, 28. April 2018.

1. gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf
    gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf Gast

Windows Update is an service which allows the user to download and install updates. By default, the Windows Update behaivor is set to Automatic (recommended). If you are not happy with this default behaivor, here is how you can change this behaivor.

Please read:

Microsoft did an unexcepted change from taking away control of setting Windows Update behaivor. Now, the Home and Pro edition are not be allowed to control easily how updates should be delivered. In the Windows Update UI of the Settings app, the user can only decide to defer and postpone the updates. But unfortaunely, there's no option to disable them and check for updates maunally. If you cannot tolerate this automatic update nonsense and want to control over your updates again, read this article.

Method 1: Disable the Windows Update Service

Press the Windows logo + R shortcut keys to display the Run dialog. Type the following into the Run box:

services.msc

In the Services list, disable the service called Windows Update.

Double click it and set it's Startup Type to Disabled

Restart Windows 10 and you are done.

Method 2: Using the Group Policy Editor (Pro, Enterprise and Education Edition only)

In Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise and Education editions only, you can use Group Policy to set Windows Update to notify you about updates but not download them. It is useful when you don't want forced updates, but also don't want to entirely disable Windows Updates. Every time new updates are available, Windows 10 will show you a toast notification about them:

Press the Windows logo + R shortcut keys together to display the Run dialog. Type the following into the Run box:

gpedit.msc

Go to the following path:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update

Enable the Group Policy named Configure Automatic Updates and set it to 2 - Notify for download and notify for install

Now open the Settings app -> Update and Security -> Windows Update. There you have to click the button Check for Updates. This is very important, because without doing this trick Windows 10 will not apply the changes your made and will not stop downloading and installing updates automatically.

Method 3: Using the Registry Editor

If your Windows 10 comes without the Group Policy Editor app, then you can apply a Registry tweak.

Open Registry Editor and go to the following key (create it if you don't have it already):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

Then create a new 32-bit dword value named AU and set it's value to 2.

Again, open the Settings app -> Update and Security -> Windows Update and then click on the button Check for Updates. This is very important.

Restart Windows 10 and you are done. Note that changing Group Policy settings will show you the message Some settings are managed by your organization. This means that the settings are configured by the Group Policy Editor.

Method 4: Set connection as metered connection

Windows 10 does not download updates automatically when you are on a metered connection. You can use this feature to control when updates are downloaded and installed. After you are done installing updates, you can just set your connection to non-metered.

1. Open the Settings app by pressing Windows logo + I and go to the Network and Internet section.

2. Click Wi-Fi on the left and then click "Advanced Options" on the right.

3. Switch the Set as metered connection to On.

NOTE: If you are on an etherent connection, you should set it as metered. Please refer to the following article: Set etherent connection as a metered connection in Windows 10

That's it.

Weiterlesen...

#1 gffdfdfdfgfgfdfdggf, 28. April 2018
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Die folgenden Tipps sollten helfen:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

How to: Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 - Ähnliche Themen - How Change Update

Forum Datum

How to access bios settings with Bluetooth Keyboard??

How to access bios settings with Bluetooth Keyboard??: Hello everyone,recently I had a few overclocking problems with my PC. I know this has nothing to do with my Windows 10 but my problem is, that I use the Surface keyboard via Bluetooth, no cable no nothing. And to access the bios settings before windows is starting, i need to press f2 on my...

Surface 6. März 2024

Settings change every reboot

Settings change every reboot: Hello everyone,so I have the problem that every single time I start my PC, the setting "show window content while dragging" gets disabled for some reason. Every single time I re-enable it and I dont know why it does it. It is really annoying and I hope you can help me fix this. What I already...

Windows 10 Support 21. Februar 2022

how to prevent users to change lockscreen photo?

how to prevent users to change lockscreen photo?: Hello there, i am trying to sett my company’s wallpaperlogo manual Photo as windows lock screen, but windows either doesn’t acceptor set windows’s default wallpaper. How I did sofar, didsome online introductions.Could anyone helpme, please with some fixed and granted trick?Thanks for yourgently...

Windows 10 Support 23. April 2021

How to Update Windows 10 - Recommended For Beginners

How to Update Windows 10 - Recommended For Beginners: If you want that Windows 10 is more secure, you might want to update Windows. NOTE: If you are new to Windows 10, this can help you. Instructions: Open the Settings app. Click on Windows Update. Click on Check for Updates. If some updates were available, you might see Updates were...

Windows 10 Support 28. April 2018

How to, Insider Programm

How to, Insider Programm: Abend, wahrscheinlich ne dumme frage, und eine die schn zich mal gestellt wurde, aber ich finde einfach keine Antwort. Ich habe meinen PC gebraucht mit Win 10 gekauft (d.H. ich habe weder eine Disc mit Windows 10, noch irgendwelche Codes, daher kommt ein beenden ja nicht in Frage) , das...

Windows 10 Insider 22. November 2017

Automatic change back to Windows 10 S

Automatic change back to Windows 10 S: Hello, since two weeks I have the Microsoft surface laptop. It came with Windows 10 S and I changed it to Windows 10 pro for free before the year ended. I installed different programms and had no issues. However, when I wanted to install another programm today outside of the App Store, the...

Windows 10 Support 10. Januar 2018

System Settings Change

System Settings Change: Hallo, hab meinen Laptop ganz normal gestartet und hab diese "Fehlermeldung" bekommen. [IMG] ich hab schon nach einer Lösung gesucht wie z.B. der folgenden... [IMG] hat mir leider nichts gebracht, auch kein Neustart hat geholfen... Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 25. April 2016

How to report bugs of Windows 10?

How to report bugs of Windows 10?: Hello All, please could you tell me what is the correct way to report a bug in Windows 10? Thanks in advance Esox Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 20. August 2015

How to: Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden