Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in...

Helfe beim Thema Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in... in Surface um eine Lösung zu finden; Sleep is faster to wake up than hibernate. During a work day, when I go from one meeting to the next, it is convenient that the surface starts fast... Dieses Thema im Forum "Surface" wurde erstellt von PeterSteier, 9. Juni 2019.

1. PeterSteier
    PeterSteier Gast

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in...

Sleep is faster to wake up than hibernate. During a work day, when I go from one meeting to the next, it is convenient that the surface starts fast when I quickly have to look up something; thus I just close the lid and it goes to sleep. The last time I use it during the day, I send it to hibernate. I do not usually take it out at home during the night or the weekend for charging. I charge it when I do longer work in my office, and the battery is below ~50%. Works very well for me.

However, if I forget to actively put it to sleep mode at the end of the day, a weekend in sleep mode will empty the battery. On Monday morning, I have to find a power outlet in the first meeting, and in a plane or train it is entirely useless. The Microsoft Help says that the device goes from sleep to hibernate automatically if the battery comes to critical level. This I can confirm. However, draing the battery until it is prectically empty is not the smartest choice in my opinion. An option like "With lid closed, go from sleep to hibernate after 2 hours" would be very useful. Is such an option available, maybe as an app?

Weiterlesen...

#1 PeterSteier, 9. Juni 2019
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Diese Schritte solltest du nacheinander ausführen:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in... - Ähnliche Themen - Can the Surface

Forum Datum

When is the next opportunity to go back to stable windows if I currently have Insider Build?

When is the next opportunity to go back to stable windows if I currently have Insider Build?: A while ago I joined the Insider Build program and I updated to the insider build. Now I want to go back and I have already opted out. Now I have to wait for the next stable Windows version to come out. I really want to go back to stable and it's already been a few weeks since I left the...

Windows 10 Insider 30. September 2019

Is it save to install Windows Updates (firmware) without informations about the features?

Is it save to install Windows Updates (firmware) without informations about the features?: Windows is trying to install these updates "ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - Firmware - 7/15/2019 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.2.309" "ICEpower - Extension - 6/14/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.1.12.213" I´ve blocked them because I cannot find informations (catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q= and...

Windows 10 Support 19. September 2019

Logging on -> time is always -2 hours

Logging on -> time is always -2 hours: use Mint and Windows. After login in windows time say -2 hours. Need always to set to reload time. Sucks. Wnat my direct local time after login. Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 21. Mai 2018

Logging on -> time is always -2 hours

Logging on -> time is always -2 hours: use Mint and Windows. After login in windows time say -2 hours. Need always to set to reload time. Sucks. Wnat my direct local time after login. Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 21. Mai 2018

E D G E // 17604

E D G E // 17604: 17604 // Das Drama mit Edge geht (leider) weiter. MLG I. [img]

Windows 10 Insider 15. Februar 2018

Windows Firewall blocking Chrome - Firewall Settings revert to default automatically after...

Windows Firewall blocking Chrome - Firewall Settings revert to default automatically after...: I ran into a very annoying problem with the windows firewall which blocks software from accessing the internet. Everytime I run Chrome (or any internet-dependend software for that matter) the Firewall-popup opens up and I have to click "allow access". This is even more annoying since the...

Windows 10 Support 22. September 2016

Lumia 950 - Outlook-Mail App: Is it possible to show the last messages in the Tile of...

Lumia 950 - Outlook-Mail App: Is it possible to show the last messages in the Tile of...: Hi, I'd like to see the last messages on the tile of Outlook-Mail and was wondering if this is possible ? If not posible actually, this would be an improvement for use if Outlook Mail App, even more improvements on Windows 10 mobile if the first mails and SMS could be shown at startup...

Windows 10 Mobile 29. Juni 2016

Where can I find a description of the following apps / packages and how to deinstall if I...

Where can I find a description of the following apps / packages and how to deinstall if I...: PackageFullName : Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin_1000.10586.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy PackageFullName : Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.10586.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy PackageFullName : Microsoft.LockApp_10.0.10586.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy PackageFullName :...

Windows 10 Support 2. März 2016

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in... [gelöst]