Asus X205TA WiFi Crashes on Win10 - especially when roaming i.e. moving from one AP/router...

Helfe beim Thema Asus X205TA WiFi Crashes on Win10 - especially when roaming i.e. moving from one AP/router... in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Dear Microsoft, since update on Win10, the WiFi on my Asus X205TA (Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter - Drivers Version 5.93.103.4, from the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von Lazija, 14. September 2015.

1. Lazija
    Lazija Gast

Asus X205TA WiFi Crashes on Win10 - especially when roaming i.e. moving from one AP/router...

Dear Microsoft,

since update on Win10, the WiFi on my Asus X205TA (Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter - Drivers Version 5.93.103.4, from the 19th Aug 2014 - Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility) crashes almost each time when i move within my house from one WiFi router to another.

The installed driver version is the latest available from the Asus website, the same that was installed when upgrading to Win10, and the same that is being installed when running a reset/recovery of the system. I guess it is a Win8.1 driver.

If doing an update of the driver through Windows10, the Adapter is literally dead, a roll-back to Version 5.93.103.4 is not possible, a new install of 5.93.103.4 is not possible, and only a complete system wipe, i.e. reset/recovery helps....

The routers/APs have the same SSID, same password, different channels. No other of the ~10 Devices in the household has any issues/crashes with the network (Lenovo T430s Win7, T410s on Win10, several Android and Apple devices).

The moment the roaming happens, i.e. when the AP is switched by the Notebook, the WiFi adapter crashes. Then only a restart of the entire system helps, and it takes some while until the network is up again on the system.

I of course as well tried the auto-update function of the hardware-driver for the Wireless Adapter - this was a major catastrophy. After Windows upgraded the drivers to the latest version, the adapter did not work at all anymore, it did not find any APs and showd an error.

Long story short: The Broadcom WiFi driver that comes with the Win10 Upgrade (probably the Win 8.1 Driver) crashes when roaming, and when Windows updates the driver, the Adapter is dead - only a full system wipe helps.

After doing a full system wipe the above described problems happen 1:1 ....

So who to blame - who will develop WiFi drivers that will make this "certified for Windows 10" device work with windows 10 - Microsoft, Broadcom or Asus?

Cheers and Many Thanks

Lazija

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Versuche folgende Schritte abzuarbeiten:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Asus X205TA WiFi Crashes on Win10 - especially when roaming i.e. moving from one AP/router... - Ähnliche Themen - Asus X205TA WiFi

Forum Datum

Colorful screen-crashes when using pen on surface pro 7

Colorful screen-crashes when using pen on surface pro 7: what is this?Seems to happen whenever i usw my formerly working surface pen. Weiterlesen...

Surface 18. Dezember 2023

Stuck on ASUS Icon

Stuck on ASUS Icon: Hello, before this happened, my PC was not acting right so I restarted, I look and I am just stuck on the ASUS icon screen that you see before booting up, there is no loading circle, nothing, just the ASUS icon.I've tried restarting 3 times and unplugging all my external devices, please help....

Windows 10 Support 9. April 2022

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...

Slow Internet Connection on pc when connected to a certain wifi router, but works fine when...: So I connected my PC to this wifi router it's a Fritz!box 7590 for the first time and for some reason it can't even reach a speed of 100 Kbit/s, though our internet has an average of 150 Mbit/s. I thought a simple restarting of the computer and the router would help but it didn't and the...

Windows 10 Support 1. Februar 2020

Keine Treiber für Mainboard Asus M4A78T-e bei Win10?

Keine Treiber für Mainboard Asus M4A78T-e bei Win10?: Hallo, ich habe noch ein älteren PC, mit dem Mainboard Asus M4A78T-e, leider finde ich dafür keine passenden Win10 Treiber/Zubehör (Chipsatz, CoolQuiet etc.) mehr. Hatte mal gelesen bei manchen Treibern etc. kann man mit Hilfe des Kompatibilitätsmodus da was machen? Stimmt das? Würde das...

Windows 10 Sicherheit 17. Februar 2019

WiFi mit Win10

WiFi mit Win10: Ich habe auf einem Lenovo ThinkPad10 soeben Windows 10 installiert. Die Installation lief problemlos und das Gerät habe ich eingerichtet. Nun habe ich aber ein grosses Problem: Ich kann keine WiFi Verbindung herstellen. Es scheint, als ob der WiFi-Adapter gar nicht aktiviert wäre... Es wird...

Windows 10 Insider 26. März 2015

hörgerätsystem ap

hörgerätsystem ap: Warum bringt es Windows 10 nicht hin, dass ich mein Hörgerät verbinden kann? Muss ich wirklich ein iphone kaufen um dies zu tun ? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Mobile 23. August 2017

Moving Windows from a hard drive to an SSD

Moving Windows from a hard drive to an SSD: What is the best and most affective way if i want to move the OS on an SSD Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 2. Dezember 2016

Microsoft Edge crashes on one specific website, I need to know why

Microsoft Edge crashes on one specific website, I need to know why: We just put up a new website (http://www.stamminger.de). The site works as expected on all browsers we tested, except on Edge. Edge crashes with the message: 'Beim Laden dieser Seite ist ein Problem aufgetreten.', which is not very helpful. As this problem occurs on more than one Windows...

Windows 10 Support 2. Januar 2016

Asus X205TA WiFi Crashes on Win10 - especially when roaming i.e. moving from one AP/router... [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden