Web-to-App-Linking does not work on Windows 10

Helfe beim Thema Web-to-App-Linking does not work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; I am trying to implement web-to-app linking for an app and can not get it working. This doc... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von indian.scout45, 4. Januar 2021.

1. indian.scout45
    indian.scout45 Gast

I am trying to implement web-to-app linking for an app and can not get it working.

This doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/launch-resume/web-to-app-linking describes how to enable opening apps directly instead of opening the corresponding web app in a browser tab.

To further isolate the problem I started testing with existing Microsoft apps like "Whiteboard". I figured out that not even these apps launch correctly same with maps.windows.com.

My settings clearly indicate that launching the domain "whiteboard.microsoft.com" should start the app instead of the browser:

But it always opens a tab in Edge:

I also checked the windows-app-web-link belonging to whiteboard.microsoft.com:

$ curl -s https://whiteboard.microsoft.com/windows-app-web-link

[{"packageFamilyName":"Microsoft.Office.WhiteboardPreview_8wekyb3d8bbwe","paths":["*"]},{"packageFamilyName":"Microsoft.Office.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe","paths":["*"]},{"packageFamilyName":"Microsoft.Whiteboard_8wekyb3d8bbwe","paths":["*"]}]

The JSON config is available seems to be fine.

As it looks to me something is fundametally wrong here...

Any suggestions on this?

BTW: is it really true that this mechanism works only with Edge? If so this seems not to be a user friendly approach at all.

THX and regards

Weiterlesen...

#1 indian.scout45, 4. Januar 2021
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Wähle einen der folgenden Ratgeber:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Web-to-App-Linking does not work on Windows 10 - Ähnliche Themen - Web App Linking

Forum Datum

Keyboard does not work in the left top corner

Keyboard does not work in the left top corner: Hello everyone, I have a problem with the keyboard. This is the German keyboard in a 13" Surface Book 2 with i7 and 512 GB SSD. The keys in the top left corner:"F1", "F2", "F3","F4", "F5" q, w, e, r, ta, s, d, f, "space"no longer work. I think I've tried a lot of suggestions offered, and since...

Surface 20. Januar 2024

Windows 10 Pro Produkt Key does not work anymore

Windows 10 Pro Produkt Key does not work anymore: Hi,I had a running Windows 10 Pro installation for several years.I reinstalled my laptop now with windows 10 again.After reinstalling i cannot activate windows with my windows 10 pro product key.Windows 10 home is activated and linked to my microsoft account, but i cannot activate my working for...

Windows 10 Support 20. Februar 2022

Tastatur funktioniert nicht / Keyboard does not work

Tastatur funktioniert nicht / Keyboard does not work: Suddendly the Hardware keyboard has given up Maybe we pressed the wrong key-combination? Yet none of the suggestions helped Plötzlich funktioniert die Tastatur nicht mehr. Keine der Vorschläge funktionieren Medion 3216 Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 20. Dezember 2020

Receive-Side Scaling for UDP on Windows 10 Professional does not work

Receive-Side Scaling for UDP on Windows 10 Professional does not work: Dear Support, dear MS Community, we try to acquire 10GBit/s of data from a Measurement device, which unfortunately can only send the data over UDP. To test if we can acquire that big amount of data we created a test environment containing of a receiver server which should accept as much UDP...

Windows 10 Support 8. September 2020

Windows 10 Key does not activate on new PC

Windows 10 Key does not activate on new PC: Cheers, I recently bought a new PC, and wanted to put my old Windows on the new PC. I checked, it was a retail version of Windows, so it should be possible. I got that Windows as Windows 7 and upgraded it later. I found my Key with Key-Finder Plus, and booted Windows using a Boot-Stick on my...

Windows 10 Support 11. Juli 2019

Windows button does not work.

Windows button does not work.: I have read many of the articles about this issue. I have tried several of the proposed solutions; none have worked including SFC, DISM, and Get-AppXPackage. I've rebooted my laptop after each attempted fix with no luck. I have read that I can try to use repair / restore, but that may be loose...

Windows 10 Support 31. Dezember 2017

After Windows 10 Creators Update Flash does not work

After Windows 10 Creators Update Flash does not work: Hello, after having updated Windows 10 wit the Creators update Web-pages using Adobe Flash are not working correctly anymore. In Edge-extended settings I have activated the use of Adobe Flash. I've searched for Flash in Windows Apps and features and could not find it. Any trial to...

Windows 10 Support 10. April 2017

WCN (connect to device using WPS) does not work under Windows 10

WCN (connect to device using WPS) does not work under Windows 10: I have implemented code to connect to a device using WCN (WPS) that works on Windows 7 & Windows 8(.1). First, the code tries to detect the proper IWCNDevice, and once the proper device has been found it will: Set the password to empty using wcnDevice.SetPassword( ) Create an object that...

Windows 10 Support 7. September 2015

Web-to-App-Linking does not work on Windows 10 [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden