Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a...

Helfe beim Thema Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a... in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hello, sometimes I notice that the folder layout in Windows Explorer doesn't look the way I set it up. For example, these are screenshots of the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von MeUser3, 1. August 2020.

1. MeUser3
    MeUser3 Gast

Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a...

Hello,

sometimes I notice that the folder layout in Windows Explorer doesn't look the way I set it up.

For example, these are screenshots of the Download folder opening it in two different ways:

This PC > Downloads

This PC > C: > Users > FName.LName > Downloads

This behaviour can be quite disturbing because it makes things harder to find, especially in open file dialogues. So is there a reasonable purpose for that behaviour? Why does the folder layout look differently when it is exactly the same folder?

As you can see above, there are at least two layouts for the same folder. There are many buttons and shortcuts to open Windows Explorer. Which way do I have to open Downloads to see layout 1, which way do I have to open Downloads to see layout 2? Is there are general rule?

I hope someone can explain this extraordinary behaviour to me. It's not a big deal but it can be disturbing, so I am curious about it.

Best regards,

Me :

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Die folgenden Tipps sollten helfen:
    • Sample Page

Sample PageThis is an example page. It's different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). ...

• Vorschaufenster für Dateien aktivieren in Windows 10

Vorschaufenster für Dateien aktivieren in Windows 10Mit dem Vorschaufenster unter Windows können Sie Ihre Dateien direkt im Explorer betrachten. Wie Sie die praktische Funktion aktivieren, erfahren Sie...

• Schnellzugriff im Explorer deaktivieren

Schnellzugriff im Explorer deaktivierenIn Windows 10 bietet der Explorer den neuen Schnellzugriff auf Ihre am häufigsten verwendeten Daten. Wie Sie dies deaktivieren oder nach Ihren Wünsc...

Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a... - Ähnliche Themen - Why does the

Forum Datum

Why does my Computer / Games always crash?

Why does my Computer / Games always crash?: Hello! I have had this problem for quite some time now. At first when I began having these issues, there were mostly bluescreens, but now nearly only the games crash. My Pc also shuts down sometimes but it doesnt show any bsods, its just black.I have collected some bsods, but i dont know how...

Windows 10 Support 4. Dezember 2023

Why is there a different equalizer in stag&studio mode?

Why is there a different equalizer in stag&studio mode?: When I pop the display out of normal mode into stage mode, the equalizer changes, making the speakers sound fuller and richer. This is not an acoustics issue, but rather some software setting. Just popping the display off the magnets in the bottom is enough to trigger the change of EQ, exactly...

Surface 15. Oktober 2023

Hintergrundbildschirm App abschalten - Not the normal way

Hintergrundbildschirm App abschalten - Not the normal way: Hallo zusammen !! Der Titel sagt es ja bereits, kennt sich da jmd. bei Windows 10 aus, eine Art Player App zu deaktievieren ? Mir wurd das gestern nicht ganz spasseshalber ohne mein Wissen auf dem Rechner so ne Hintergrundbildschirm app aktiviert/installiert. Und ich hab jetz' keinen schimmer...

Windows 10 Allgemeines 17. Dezember 2020

Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...

Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the...: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in which the shortcut is. You then have to rightclick on that shortcut and click on "open file path" or whatever it is in english to get the actual...

Windows 10 Support 27. September 2020

Different Keyboard layouts supported in microsoft pinyin?

Different Keyboard layouts supported in microsoft pinyin?: Hello everyone, My problem is, that I use a QWERTZ german keyboard and I have to write pinyin on my PC. I have scoured the internet for a while now, and it seems to be impossible to switch keyboard layouts when using microsoft pinyin. I don't think I have to explain why this is very...

Windows 10 Support 6. Juni 2019

File Explorer looks broken on hires screen

File Explorer looks broken on hires screen: Hello I'm using windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.413 with two screens. One of them with a resolution of 1920x1200 scaling set to 100% the other setting with 3200x1800 scaling to 200%. On the hires Screen File Explorer looks crappy - see screnshot below. Some (not all!) of the fonts...

Windows 10 Support 21. Juni 2017

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor: Hi Everyone, I am having a great problem with my 4K monitor (LG 27MU67-B)connected to a Nvidia GTX980 via Displayport. I am using the monitor in native resolution (3840 x 2160) with a zoom factor of 175%. The Windows version is Windows 10 Home. The problem is: After standby all icons on the...

Windows 10 Support 27. Juni 2016

Different Keyboard Layout with different devices under Win10

Different Keyboard Layout with different devices under Win10: I currently run win10 on two different devices with different keyboard layouts. Right now i am changing the layout every time i switch devices as my settings are synchronized through my microsoft account. Is there a more efficient way of doing this (for example disabling synchronisation for the...

Windows 10 Support 3. November 2015

Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a... [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden