Change appearance of desktop files and folders

Helfe beim Thema Change appearance of desktop files and folders in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von VictorBistritzki, 1. Oktober 2018.

1. VictorBistritzki
    VictorBistritzki Gast

Hi community,

I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before.

The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired).

Please let me know how this can be changed as I did not find any answers online.

Thanks

Narrow:

Desired:

Weiterlesen...

#1 VictorBistritzki, 1. Oktober 2018
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Führe bitte folgendes aus:
  3. Suman_B
    Suman_B Gast

Hi Victor,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you facing this issue with the Windows 10 PC?

I suggest you to try the following methods to personalize your desktop to the desired requirements:

Method 1:

Check the Icon spacing
    to rearrange the Desktop icons.

Method 2:

Check the Resize Desktop icon
    option to change the size of Desktop icons.

Method 3:

Check the Change screen resolution
    to desired settings.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

4. VictorNB
    VictorNB Gast
    Thank you for the reply Suman_B.

The term I was looking for was "Icon spacing". I could not find the solution by the link provided as Windows 10 did not show me the options that the link suggested. I resolved my problem the following:

1. Enter the registry Windows+R and type regedit

2. Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

3. Find IconSpacing and set it to -1710

4. You might also change IconVerticalSpacing if desired(in my case
    -1125)

5. Reboot Windows to apply the changes

According to some tutorials, the IconSpacing and the
    IconVerticalSpacing
    can be any value between -480 (minimum spacing) and -2730.

Hope this helps others in need!

All the best,

Victor

5. Suman_B
    Suman_B Gast
    Hi VictorNB,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to Microsoft Community Forums, We are delighted that your issue is fixed. Your feedback and suggestions will help us improve the support experience. Thank you again and have a great day.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

6. MaxMeier666
    MaxMeier666 Gast
    Im Link von runit ein wenig scrollen und du findest eine Anleitung zur händischen Entfernung...
    Schon probiert?

#5 MaxMeier666, 3. Oktober 2018
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Change appearance of desktop files and folders - Ähnliche Themen - Change appearance desktop

Forum Datum

Change Directory of SwaggerClient

Change Directory of SwaggerClient: 've been having some problems with this Application I've created code below:First I installed the NuGet Packages:Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.RelationalMicrosoft.EntityFrameworkCore.ToolsMicrosoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SQLServerall in Version 5.0.12.Then I typed the following command into the PM...

Windows 10 Support 3. Februar 2022

Accidently deleted attributes of all files and folder inside my user home directory. Is my...

Accidently deleted attributes of all files and folder inside my user home directory. Is my...: My Big MistakeIt all began when I wanted to use PowerShell to set the attribute of some personal folders matching a specific regex to "Hidden". Bonus info: for my defense of what follows: I was way overslept!. I quickly found the following suggestion on a forum here, which I blindly...

Windows 10 Support 23. Januar 2022

Ändern der Größe der Anzeige in den Anzeigeeinstellungen / Change size of desktop in...

Ändern der Größe der Anzeige in den Anzeigeeinstellungen / Change size of desktop in...: Wie kann man die Größe der Displays in den Anzeige Einstellungen ändern?Ich will nicht die Auflösung oder die Skalierung der Texte oder Apps ändern, nur die Größe der Displays.Der Grund dafür ist, dass die Bereiche für den Übergang zwischen Bildschirmen davon abhängen.In meinem Beispiel sind-...

Windows 10 Support 21. Mai 2021

Change size of desktop in display settings

Change size of desktop in display settings: How can I change the size of the displays like shown below?I don't want to change screen resolution or scale of text and apps, just the size of these displays.Reason is that the borders between the screens, where you can switch over, are depending on this.In my example - display 1 is 1920x1080...

Windows 10 Support 21. Mai 2021

List duplicates of files within a specific folder from within another folder and their...

List duplicates of files within a specific folder from within another folder and their...: I've got a folder with files. I suspect that within another folder and its subfolder there are duplicates of some of these files. How is it possible with windows to find and list all of those duplictes? (and/or even delete all of those files in that folder that have existing duplicates)?...

Windows 10 Support 7. September 2018

view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings

view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings: Hello everybody, I have a computer on a widows network which hosts some folders and files for other computers on the network. I have that host's admin user name and password and can modify the permissions of the users that are currently in permission list remotely. The problem for me is that...

Windows 10 Support 31. Juli 2018

change symbol of icon

change symbol of icon: Change symbol of a icon is a kind of personalization. This is a bug report rather than a question, however, does anybody know why this doesn´t work? To change the symbol of an icon seems simple enough. But unexpectedly it doesn´t work. No error message. Just no reaction. [IMG] [IMG] No...

Windows 10 Support 26. Juni 2018

Keyboardlayouts - z and y changes

Keyboardlayouts - z and y changes: How can i deaktivate the second Keyboardlayout. It is so confusing when z and y changes Please Help me I already removed english in the Settings but if i press ALT and Shift it Changes Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 21. Oktober 2017

Change appearance of desktop files and folders [gelöst]

Andere User suchten nach Lösungen mit:

1. change folder appearence windows 10

2. change how files folders appear on the desktop seems to be highligted

3. desktop folder apperance windows 10

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden