Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

Helfe beim Thema Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; OS: Win 10 1803 (17134.191) MSI Z170 GTX 960 I5-6600k SSD Samsung 850 (stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem) A year ago I... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 13. August 2018.

1. MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy
    MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy Gast

MSI Z170

GTX 960

I5-6600k

SSD Samsung 850

(stock or OC does not matter for the proposed problem)

A year ago I had the problem that my PC would not shut down - resulting in a clean installation that was guided by a senior advisor from this forum. Since then everything ran really well!

Now after installing Windows updates (I have an eye on KB4340917) something really bad happened. Windows UI, Chrome, FL studio and virtually all games suffer from tremendeous stuttering, everything just makes the impression of imploding. Scrolling is a stutterfest now no matter where.

Im speaking big stutters, those who **** the eyes a lot. Linux runs fine though, no stuttering! Also some games do not stutter, like SCP secret laboratory while others look like having the same problems, periodic stuttering

This does not change even when switching graphics drivers (uninstalled trough DDU) to the current one windows is using, or the newest available. Chipset etc it'**** all updated. Virtually all firmware is updated.

Now, I am really hoping for a fix since stuttering on Windows 10 has gotten worse over the last months and was sometimes better with certain NVidia drivers etc now all of a sudden it'**** unbearable.

The thing is, I cannot everytime a windows update breaks my PC do a complete clean install.

Please if you need a certain log or other information, I will make it available

Weiterlesen...

#1 MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 13. August 2018
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Klicke die folgenden Schritte durch:
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] Gast

Hit Ctrl+Shift+Escape and observe the 1st tab to see which program/process is hogging your system resources like disk or CPU. That will tell you at least what is causing the lag and we can take it from there to fix/solve it.

When a system is working properly, your CPU and Disk on that tab should be nearly zero, even if you have dozens/hundreds of programs open. For example, here's mine as I type this:

#2 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], 13. August 2018
  4. MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy
    the stuttering/twitches does/do not create any unusual CPU usage and the problem persists even in safe mode with an absolut minimal of services for instance while scrolling in a windows menue. (all of it after a windows update, tried uninstalling that too).
    Tried all the 'smooth scrolling' options aswell.

My eyes begin to hurt so much :'(

Can you guys make some sort of tool that will generate fixes and repairs windows like the updates generate bugs and break windows? Something like this would dramatically increase my willingness to buy many more windows products, this should be noted! Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

#3 MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 14. August 2018
  5. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    We'll have to press on to figure out what is causing the system to run out of resources or what it is competing against and running out of CPU cycles or disk IO time.

Is your task manager showing that your CPU and disk are at or below 2% right now?

#4 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], 14. August 2018
  6. Motkachler
    Motkachler Gast
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-black-screen/
    I had the same. I've lost 2 hours to find solution :

1. Safe Mode
    2. DDU, remove GF Experience files and use option to install default Microsoft drivers after reebot. Make clean driver unistall.
    3. Restart and use windows update to install default nvidia drivers
    4. Disable UAE, Firewall ( the default one Windows Defender too ), Disable SmartScreen for all.
    5. restart
    6. Install new drivers from Nvidia but check only drivers, physx and panel - not GF Experience or any other option.
    7. Restart
    8. Windows should load after that fine.
    9. You can install additional drivers or GF Experience

#5 Motkachler, 14. August 2018
  7. MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy
    Task manager seems to be alright. Today some new Windows updates dropped but the 'slow scrolling stuttering' issue still persists. Thinking it might be the HDMI cable, I replaced it with a new gold standard one. To further describe the main issue: when holding
    Mouse Button 3 and scrolling with the lowest possible speed, it's super laggy/choppy/twitchy! Chrome and Firefox suffer the most from this which I use for comparison. Generally the windows UI is still laggy too, when moving windows etc even with all the performance
    options disabled in sysdm.cpl

Tried changing the gaming mice with a regular logitech one, also on all USB slots on the mobo. Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates

Meanwhile I checked for new SSD firmware and uninstalled almost anything I do not need for work or love the most. Installed all the drivers from my mobo manufacturer like Intel Management Engine etc too. Disabled page file aswell

I wish I had the correct beeps and boops - you got any idea?

#6 MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 14. August 2018
  8. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    Good info. It could also be chipset or firmware. You might open Device Manager and make sure nothing is listed with a warning icon.

Disabling page file isn't a good idea, even on an SSD. In fact it's worse on an SSD, because the page file is far faster than hitting your vram limit.

#7 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], 15. August 2018
  9. MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy

I have 16 gigs and since it does not fix the stuttering and my absolute maximum usage is around 12 GB It can safely be turned off.

#8 MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 16. August 2018
  10. Grips
    Grips Gast
    So, schonmal danke fur eure Antworten. Bin gerade dabei meine Daten meiner SSD (Windows Platte) auf eine Externe HDD zu backuppen (Via Ubuntu). Ich konnte es vorher nicht kopieren, da die INTERNE HDD nur Read Rechte hat.

Installiert hatte ich dieses Theme (mithilfe von UltraUXThemePatcher)
    After Dark Cyan and Green Theme For Windows10 Anniversary Update 1607 | Windows10 Themes I Cleodesktop
    Es hat alles einwandfrei funktioniert aber es war mir nicht genug, wollte also unbedingt dieses hier ausprobieren
    Dark Theme für Windows 10 - Download - CHIP
    und seit dem ist alles im Ar*%$.

Wenn ich den Rechner im Abgesicherten Modus starte, ist alles schwarz und alle 5sec etwa steht in den Ecken: Abgesicherter Modus.

11. MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy
    Downgraded to windows 10 1709 - no stuttering?

#10 MicrosoftBillGatesFanBoy, 6. September 2018
  12. Bao_338
    Bao_338 Gast
    I've been experiencing the same exact issue since July 2018 on both of laptops (work and home). I've tried everything. I end up having to uninstall KB4343909 everytime. Now the numbering has changed...no longer KB4343909 installing but some other number
    which is what I have to uninstall every single time. My coworker is having the same issues. Lagging on chrome and on Windows File Explorer (although Windows Edge seems to be okay). Is this Microsoft's attempt to dissuade ppl from using Chrome? (although
    it's affecting Windows File Explorer).

13. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    Yeah trust me they don't want it to be annoying. Not even if you use Chrome. Heck, the huge overwhelming majority of their own developers and managers use Chrome, it's the most popular browser on earth right now (and incidentally most of their employees,
    even top executives -- and the CEO himself -- use iPhones too).

It can certainly be solved. The first thing we need to do is figure out what is causing it to lag so bad. In other words, what is hogging your CPU processing and making it so busy that it can't keep up? Even if you have hundreds and hundreds of programs
    open at once, unless they are actually processing data they shouldn't be using much CPU. In fact, I have more than 300 processes running right now and my CPU is only busy 5% of the time (meaning it's sitting idle with nothing to work on 95% of the time).
    That means there's no chance for lag because the processor has tons of extra capacity (screenshot below).

So, press Ctrl-Shift-Escape and look at yours. What is the CPU utilization? And similarly, look at the disk utilization. Because it is by far the slowest component, it can be the bottleneck. Even if the CPU isn't busy, the disk might not be able to supply
    data to the CPU fast enough and so the CPU is literally waiting around for the data to arrive, causing you to see lag and slowness.

#12 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], 26. September 2018
  14. Smagjus
    Smagjus Gast

Bei dem Update für Windows wurde die Funktion minimize-to-tray entfernt. Ob die Funktion zurückkommt, ist ungewiss.

Dazu kommt, dass man eine absolut dämliche Fehlermeldung in den Player integriert hat:
    ScreenHunter_336.png
    Würde mich nicht wundern, wenn da bald eine Abmahnung folgt.

Alles in allem ein Downgrade. Keine Ahnung, was mich man sich dabei gedacht hat.

15. Bao_338
    Bao_338 Gast
    Thanks for the input. Looks like it is CPU usage (see below). This is happening for multiple people at my company....so how do we fix? We're all running Acer machines...could that be the issue?

16. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP]
    Holy cow, what is Chrome doing? It has 48 sub-processes running and it's hogging nearly 2/3s of your CPU all by itself. It's normal to see some high CPU usages when you have a tab open that uses a lot of javscript (like Facebook or any site with media/news/ads),
    but that's a bit extreme. In fact based on this, I'd suspect you are unknowingly having your browser hijacked to mine cryptocurrency.

I'd start with process of elimination. For example, close all those Chrome processes to try to find out what's using the other
    40% of your processor. Chrome looks insane there, but it's definitely not the only out of the ordinary going on.

#15 Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], 26. September 2018
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates - Ähnliche Themen - Insane and sluggishness

Forum Datum

Lag spikes

Lag spikes: Ich habe Probleme wenn ich z.B etwas spiele dass, das Spiel sich ungefähr alle 30 sekunden einfriert und dann wieder alles normal läuft. Das passiert auch wenn ich ganz normale Apps benutze oder Windows. Ich habe außerdem den Rechner auf Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt, was aber nichts daran...

Windows 10 Support 23. September 2023

Windows Lag

Windows Lag: Ab und zu habe ich Lag Probleme am PC. Komischerweise tauchen diese nicht immer auf. Mouse - Lag und Audio - Lag machen dies erkennbar. Neustarten bringt nichts aber wenn ich einen Tag warte ist der Lag wieder verschwunden und kommt irgendwann wieder. Ich weiß wirklich nicht mehr weiter und habe...

Windows 10 Support 20. Januar 2022

After Effects Tracker Bew.-Ziel ändern?

After Effects Tracker Bew.-Ziel ändern?: Wie kann ich bei Adobe After Effects Das Bewegungs-Ziel beim Tracker ändern? [ATTACH] https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/after-effects-tracker-bew-ziel-aendern

Windows 10 Support 2. November 2020

Fehlercodes und Lags

Fehlercodes und Lags: Hallo, Mein vor kurzem gekaufterleider ohne Garantie Laptop mit Windows 10 drauf fängt immer nach kurzer Zeit an meine auf dem Bildschirm angezeigten nicht neu zu laden. Also sehe ich oft einfach schwarze stellen oder noch sachen vom vorherigen Programm oder er lädt einfach zb von einer Website...

Windows 10 Support 9. Juni 2020

After windows update only access to UEFI and CMD

After windows update only access to UEFI and CMD: After updating the Windows-System I can only access to the UEFI after startup. They only acction I can do is to open CMD. Does anyone has an Idea how to solve this problem? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 1. Mai 2020

Lag im Spiel nach Update 1709

Lag im Spiel nach Update 1709: Ich hatte die Windows 10 Prof 64 bit Version 1703. Auf dieser konnte ich counter strike source problemlos spielen. Nach dem Update auf Windows 1709 hat mein counter strike source angefangen zu stottern. Es ist so unspielbar. Ich habe zu Festigung meiner Beobachtung dann eine zweite...

Windows 10 Support 6. November 2017

Nach Update nicht mehr in der Lage mich anzumelden

Nach Update nicht mehr in der Lage mich anzumelden: Nach dem aktuellem Windows Update komme ich ganz normal zum Anmeldefenster, nach der Eingabe des Passworts springt Windows jedoch wieder zurück zum Lockscreen. Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 5. Juni 2017

Cannot resolve Router and NAS after Win10 Creators Update

Cannot resolve Router and NAS after Win10 Creators Update: Hi, I am encountering trouble after upgrading to Windows 10 Creators. Apparently my NAS is not visible anymore, neither is another Linux computer nor the router itself. Solely another Windows machine is visible under Network. The strange thing is, that this machine (without creators update)...

Windows 10 Support 14. Mai 2017

Insane lag and sluggishness after windows updates [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden