SSD broken after Windows Update?

Helfe beim Thema SSD broken after Windows Update? in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hey, yesterday I was trying to update Windows 10 to the newest version, which for some reason failed, therefore it went back to the version I had... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von vertigo0, 5. März 2020.

1. vertigo0
    vertigo0 Gast

Hey,

yesterday I was trying to update Windows 10 to the newest version, which for some reason failed, therefore it went back to the version I had installed before trying to update, which was version 1803 I believe I didn't update in quite some time.

The first thing I did after Windows failed to update was simply trying to copy some files which froze the OS and gave me a BSOD after a couple of minutes.

After restarting everything seemed to work fine again. I put the PC to hibernation I hope this is what it is called in english over night and today in the evening switched it back on again. I tried uninstalling some software and the PC froze again giving me another BSOD. After the PC restarted itself it showed a screen telling me that there was no boot device found 3F0.

I am not very tech savvy but those are the things I tried so far:

Removing the SSD, the RAM and the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and plugging everything back in.

Trying to boot from a recovery disk I created when I bought the PC, which didn't boot at all, it just rebooted for up to 10 minutes.

Starting Ubuntu from the disk drive, it sees the SSD as in "Disks": 1.1 GB Disk SM2260

Playing around with legacy support and secure boot in the BIOS I wasn't even able to start Ubuntu from the disk drive without doing this but that didn't change anything either.

In BIOS it shows the SSD as: M.2 1 GB, SM 2260.

When I run "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI", which I can open after it showing me the 3F0 error screen, I can do an SSD test but that just shows me that there is no SSD installed.

The BSOD error messages were I believe something like "Critical Process Died" and "Unexpected Store Exception", but I'm not sure about that.

The SSD worked perfectly fine those months before trying to update, so I believe it has to do with the update, I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened right now but is it even possible that Windows broke that SSD?

Hardware Information:

PC: HP Omen 880-188ng

SSD: Intel SSDPEKKF512G7H

Thank you for any help.

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Klicke die folgenden Schritte durch:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

SSD broken after Windows Update? - Ähnliche Themen - SSD broken after

Forum Datum

Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error...

Windows 10 Support 30. November 2023

SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash

SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash: I have 3 SSD. A Samsung EVO 480, EVO 860 and EVO 870, All connected per SATA cable. This problem only affects the 860 and 870 which are V-Nand.The 870 was brand new and instantly had the same problem as the 860 already was having.The problem:Sometimes when I start my PC this can be from standby,...

Windows 10 Support 10. Dezember 2021

Cam of warranty modell broken after 5 months Kamera des Austauschmodells nach fünfeinhalb...

Cam of warranty modell broken after 5 months Kamera des Austauschmodells nach fünfeinhalb...: Hallo,entschuldigen Sie den reißerischen Betreff. Ich fühle mich jedoch von Microsoft sehr ****. 1. Mein erstes Surface war ein 2009er Modell.2. Dezember 2020 melde ich einen Harwareschaden: die Festplatte ist kaputt.3. Ich bekomme ein Austauschmodell, da es ein Garantiefall ist.4. Das...

Surface 10. Juni 2021

Windows Store Broken

Windows Store Broken: If you search for Windows Store broken you find A LOT of Questions and (useless) answers, so no answer helped I am looking for support here. Windows Store is broken. After my old Windows 10 had this problem and made be BUY A NEW WINDOWS 10 the Store is broken again after a short time. It...

Windows 10 Support 13. Juli 2019

Black screen after windows update

Black screen after windows update: Hello everyone so last night I accidentally installed the windows KB4340917 OS build 17134.191 and now I turn on my pc its just black after the windows startup finishes the screen is just black I have tried going into safe mode it is also doesn't work and the screen turns black as well I tried...

Windows 10 Support 25. Juli 2018

Excel after Windows 10 update

Excel after Windows 10 update: After the Windows10 update recently, Excels function with the right mouse menu i.e. formating: The Menu appears on the screen, but when selecting an option to use i.e Cell format excel goes into print mode and blocks excel from further use. Any idea how this is corrected? Many thanks...

Windows 10 Support 18. Mai 2017

Can't start Windows after update

Can't start Windows after update: After i clicked on update and shut down, the next day i try to turn it on and get an error 0xc0000225 that windows cant start. Tried system restore and like always, never works. Got an error that it wasnt successful. Tried resetting, didnt work. Tried to start in safe mode, cant. What can i...

Windows 10 Support 13. April 2017

Runtime Broker

Runtime Broker: Hallo, das Problem nervt immer mehr, Tipps ausgeschaltet. Gibt es eine Lösung von Microsoft die wieder das normale Arbeiten gestattet? Eckard Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 8. Februar 2017

SSD broken after Windows Update? [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden