Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again

Helfe beim Thema Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; Hey, so since there are some people on my work network that I didn't want to see my pc, I tried to change it's name so they wouldn't know its me. I... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von kingofsquirrel, 1. April 2022.

1. kingofsquirrel
    kingofsquirrel Gast

Hey, so since there are some people on my work network that I didn't want to see my pc, I tried to change it's name so they wouldn't know its me. I clicked on rename this PC in the About section of the normal windows 10 settings, and then I shut it down just to restart it later. Now however, there are two names listed under Device name and I can't click on Rename this PC again, since it's greyed out. Also, for other networks the first name still shows. I'm honestly clueless and I think this might be a bug. Thanks in advance for any help! :

Weiterlesen...

#1 kingofsquirrel, 1. April 2022
  2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Diese Schritte solltest du nacheinander ausführen:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again - Ähnliche Themen - Tried rename now

Forum Datum

Picture on Desktop can't be deleted

Picture on Desktop can't be deleted: So I dragged an Alamy jpg on my desktop and now I can't delete it.Dragging it into the trash can or even other folders doesnt work. I've already tried using cmd to do: dell\\?\ and then the file's directory.The problem is the that the file's directory is not C\...It is \\?\C\... so i think it...

Windows 10 Support 3. Januar 2024

Certain E-Mails can't be set to "read" in Windows Mail App

Certain E-Mails can't be set to "read" in Windows Mail App: Certain E-Mails in my linked Gmail account, specifically DHL delivery notifications, are permanently shown as unread until I read them in the browser version of Gmail. They are marked as "signed" red ribbon icon and "important" exclamation mark. I suspect it has something to do with that....

Windows 10 Support 4. Mai 2023

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in...

Can the Surface be configured to hibernate automatically after e.g. two hours, if it is in...: Sleep is faster to wake up than hibernate. During a work day, when I go from one meeting to the next, it is convenient that the surface starts fast when I quickly have to look up something; thus I just close the lid and it goes to sleep. The last time I use it during the day, I send it to...

Surface 9. Juni 2019

Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it

Incorrect folder name 'C:', how to fix it: Hallo, I have a backup of my old HDD drive saved on an external HDD with the following path: 'F:\T440P\C:', and yes, it is correct, the backup is in a sub-folder called 'C:'. The new SSD drive with the OS Windows 10 is installed and has the drive letter C. using the file explorer to access...

Windows 10 Support 4. Mai 2019

System needs to be restarted again for Control Center Application

System needs to be restarted again for Control Center Application: Nachdem mein Rechner längere Zeit nicht mehr am Netz war, habe ich gestern alle vorgeschlagenen Updates installiert. Nun ist es so, daß nach jedem hochfahren ein Popupfenster "Information" mit der Meldung "System needs to be restarted again for Control Center Application" erscheint. Nach...

Windows 10 Support 3. März 2019

SmartScreen can't be reached now

SmartScreen can't be reached now: Beim Versuch auf Insider Preview 14986 zu updaten kommt der im Betreff beschriebene Fehler. Meine Internetverbindung funktioniert tadellos. Gibt es einen Workaround, um das zu "flicken"? Weiterlesen...

Windows 10 Support 20. Dezember 2016

System needs to be restarted again

System needs to be restarted again: Nach der Windows 10 Installation war eigentlich alles ok bis auf die folgende Meldung: "System needs to be restarted again. Make sure all driver is installed."

Windows 10 Allgemeines 26. April 2016

Win 10 has always to be booted twice

Win 10 has always to be booted twice: Hi, I just assembled a new pc and installed win10 onto it. It was a clean installed on a brand new NVME-ssd (Samsung 950 pro 512 GB) The rest of the system: Mainboard: ASRock Z170 Gaming K4, CPU core i5 6600, 16 GB RAM, Graphics card: AMD R9 280X with standard settings. For the SSD I installed...

Windows 10 Support 16. Dezember 2015

Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden