Folder without Short File Name cannot be deleted

Helfe beim Thema Folder without Short File Name cannot be deleted in Windows 10 Support um eine Lösung zu finden; An image extraction program created a folder on my desktop that cannot be deleted. I can move files into and out of the folder but cannot do anything... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows 10 Support" wurde erstellt von Manuel_716, 19. Dezember 2016.

1. Manuel_716
    Manuel_716 Gast

An image extraction program created a folder on my desktop that cannot be deleted. I can move files into and out of the folder but cannot do anything to the folder itself (rename/delete/etc.) because Win 10 is unable to find it. The folder is not locked (no Malware or anything exotic bloicking access to the directory) and dir /x in the command prompt shows that it has no Short File Name (SFN, 8.3 name). The usual methods for dealing with such a situation do not work:

Delete in safe mode: not possible, "Item not found"

Delete via Command Prompt: not possible, rd and del commands require an SNF, which the folder doesn't have. The usual tricks to use the LFN don't work. The folder exists but Win10 doesn't find it.

Can anyone help with this?

Weiterlesen...

2. Hobi Expert
    Willkommen,

Versuche folgende Schritte abzuarbeiten:
Thema:

Die Seite wird geladen...

Folder without Short File Name cannot be deleted - Ähnliche Themen - Folder without Short

Forum Datum

Picture on Desktop can't be deleted

Picture on Desktop can't be deleted: So I dragged an Alamy jpg on my desktop and now I can't delete it.Dragging it into the trash can or even other folders doesnt work. I've already tried using cmd to do: dell\\?\ and then the file's directory.The problem is the that the file's directory is not C\...It is \\?\C\... so i think it...

Windows 10 Support 3. Januar 2024

Accidently deleted attributes of all files and folder inside my user home directory. Is my...

Accidently deleted attributes of all files and folder inside my user home directory. Is my...: My Big MistakeIt all began when I wanted to use PowerShell to set the attribute of some personal folders matching a specific regex to "Hidden". Bonus info: for my defense of what follows: I was way overslept!. I quickly found the following suggestion on a forum here, which I blindly...

Windows 10 Support 23. Januar 2022

Icons im Folder lassen sich nicht individuell anordnen

Icons im Folder lassen sich nicht individuell anordnen: Hallo alle, ich habe das Problem, dass ich in WIN10 meine Icons im Folder nicht mehr individuell positionieren kann.Ich bin auch in den englischen Foren nicht fündig geworden. Die "auto arrange" Registry Änderungen habe ich alle ausprobiert, ohne Erfolg. Bei WIN7 war das einfach möglich. Nun...

Windows 10 Allgemeines 10. März 2021

Copying files without replacing

Copying files without replacing: Hi, wonder why this is still not in place... Frequent case of rearranging your file and folder structure or downloading files with the same name. E.g. I'm a fan of politicians and in the destination folder 'politicians' I have files of Obama as 01.jpg, Trump as 02.jpg and Biden as 03.jpg. Now...

Windows 10 Support 26. Dezember 2020

Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed

Pinned document in jump list cannot be removed: Good day. Experiencing troubles when I try to remvove a pinned document on the jump list of Word that is pinned to my task bar. When I right click the Word app I can see the entry. It is possible to pin the same document again - in this case the same document gets pinned twice to my Word jump...

Windows 10 Support 3. Februar 2020

Computer cannot be closed down

Computer cannot be closed down: After a comprehensive Microsoft update ( 90 min.) the computer cannot be closed down, although the update was confirmed as successfully completed. At the end of the run down process the computer starts again automatically and can only be halted by cutting off current supply. When engaged...

Windows 10 Support 22. August 2019

Custom Keyboard cannot be chosen

Custom Keyboard cannot be chosen: I used Microsoft's Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 and created my own custom keyboard (Eng International with the Deadkeys disabled, since I am german and need ä ü and ö, but also want to get used to the eng layout, since it is more convenient for programming). Well, setup said it worked and all...

Windows 10 Support 23. Juli 2018

Folder without Short File Name cannot be deleted: An image extraction program created a folder on my desktop that cannot be deleted. I can move files into and out of the folder but cannot do anything to the folder itself (rename/delete/etc.) because Win 10 is unable to find it. The folder is not locked (no Malware or anything exotic bloicking...

Windows 10 Support 20. Dezember 2016

Folder without Short File Name cannot be deleted [gelöst]

1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Information ausblenden